Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Autodesk Activation Problem - Solved


If you remember a few weeks ago I had an activation nightmare when trying to activate Revit 2013.  Every time I would run the activation process I would get a blank screen or radial buttons off the screen.  After research and trial and error I finally got the damn thing to activate.

Well, fast forward to today.  I am fresh off of RTC USA and installing some new software out of pure inspiration.  This software includes Navisworks Manage 2013, 3D Max 2012 and 2013... and CryEngine 3 (thanks for the class Marcello!).  Well, it turns out the activation issue doe not only effect Revit.  In fact, all the setting and tweaks to HTML files I made for the Revit activation were overridden by me new Autodesk installs!

Well, for the sake of my sanity and yours I decided to take a few minutes and tweak every HTML file that has to do with the Autodesk installs.  For subscribing to this blog you can download the files and never have to tweak the HTML codes again....  

So from now on when you try and activate any Autodesk product and you are staring at a blank window, offset radial buttons, or nothing at all give this a try.  Simply use the zip file I created.  Extract the files somewhere safe.  Copy and paste them into the following directory:


C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R5\en-US\Webdepot

Notice where I highlighted the "R5" in the directory location.  From what I can tell "R5" has to do with the 2013 products and there will be an R4 and R3 folder if you have 2010 and 2011 products.  You will have to do the copy and paste into each "Web Depot" folder of each "R..."  folder.  It will ask you to give permission and if you want to replace the current files.  Say yes.  Launch your Autodesk and run the activation sequence again.

One little caveat.  You have to re-copy and replace these HTML files every time you install a new product... So save the zip file for sure. 

Subscribe to this blog FREE and download the working HTML files: